Police Beat

University of Illinois Springfield Police Department reported the following calls for the period of November 23 to December 2.
  • Traffic Stops (17)- police issued 6 citations and 14 warnings.
  • Motorist Assists (17)
  • Code Blue Responses (3)
  • Fire Alarm Responses (5)
  • Parking Tickets (35)
  • Employee Lockout (23)
  • Student Lockout (4)
Intoxicated Subject 12/2/12 at 4:00 a.m. in Founders Residence Hall Officers were dispatched to the above location regarding an intoxicated subject. The subject was taken to a local hospital via ambulance. A report was completed. Intoxicated Subject 12/2/12 at 3:28 a.m. in Lincoln Residence Hall While on patrol, officers responded to a call concerning a subject being wheeled by several individuals into the above location via a cart. Upon investigation, it was found the subject was intoxicated. The subject was taken to a local hospital via ambulance. A report was completed. Complaint 12/2/12 at 1:25 a.m. in the Quad Officers responded to a call concerning a large group of loud individuals congregating at the above location. Upon arriving on scene, officers found that the group was foot traffic from a dance held earlier in the evening heading back to their residences. Explosion 12/1/12 at 2:37 a.m. in the Visual and Performing Arts Building Officers responded to a report of an explosion at the above location. The explosion site was located and contained. Check on Welfare 12/1/12 at 3:43 a.m. in Larkspur Court An officer responded to a call to check on the welfare of an individual at the above location. The residence was checked. Officers were unable to locate the individual. Disorderly Conduct 11/30/12 at 12:41 a.m. in Lincoln Residence Hall An officer responded to a call of disorderly conduct at the above location. A report was completed. Theft report 11/29/12 at 8 a.m. in Trillium Court Officers were dispatched to the above location to take a theft report. A report was completed. Criminal Trespass to a Residence 11/29/12 at 10:57 p.m. in Trillium Court Officers responded to a call of a subject trespassing at the above location. The subject was removed. A report was completed. Disorderly Conduct 11/29/12 at 9:58 p.m. in the Stars Lounge Officers responded to a call of disorderly conduct at the above location. The subjects had departed. Patrol Investigation 11/28/12 at 10:57 p.m. on W. Lake Shore Dr. While on patrol, an officer got out to check on a subject walking in the middle of the street. The subject was given an escort to his destination. Patrol Investigation 11/27/12 at 9:19 p.m. in Health and Sciences Building and Visual and Performing Arts Building. Officers responded to a call concerning an odor of hot wires or something burning. The area was checked; nothing was found. Drug Law Violation 11/27/12 at 9:11 p.m. in Lincoln Residence Hall Officers responded to a call concerning an odor of marijuana. A report was completed. Harassment 11/27/12 at 12:00 p.m. in Lincoln Residence Hall An officer took a report of harassment that occurred at the above location. A report was completed. Suspicious Person 11/27/12 at 3:05 a.m. in Marigold Court Officers responded to a call of a suspicious person at the above location. The subject was not located. Drug Law Violation 11/26/12 at 3:40 p.m. in Trillium Court Officers responded to a call concerning a small bag of cannabis found in one of the apartments at the above location. The cannabis was confiscated. A report was completed. Theft Report 11/21/12 at 9:51 a.m. at the PAC loading dock An officer took a call concerning the theft of a laptop computer. The subject came to the police department and filed a police report. A report was completed. Suspicious Vehicle 11/24/12 at 8:23 p.m. at the SASA soccer fields An officer was dispatched to the above location for a report of a suspicious vehicle. The vehicle and the occupants were checked and departed. Open Door 11/23/12 at 4:15 a.m. in Sunflower Court While on patrol, an officer noticed a door open at the above location. The area was checked and the door was secured. Mental Subject 11/23/12 at 2:05 a.m. in B-Lot Officers were dispatched to the above location for a Code Blue activation. Officers assisted a subject who was having mental health issues. A report was completed.