Police Beat

University of Illinois Springfield Police Department reported the following calls for the period of November 23 to December 2.

• Traffic Stops (17)- police issued 6 citations and 14 warnings.
  • Motorist Assists (17)
  • Code Blue Responses (3)
  • Fire Alarm Responses (5)
  • Parking Tickets (35)
  • Employee Lockout (23)
  • Student Lockout (4)

Intoxicated Subject

12/2/12 at 4:00 a.m. in Founders Residence Hall

Officers were dispatched to the above location regarding an intoxicated subject. The subject was taken to a local hospital via ambulance. A report was completed.

Intoxicated Subject

12/2/12 at 3:28 a.m. in Lincoln Residence Hall

While on patrol, officers responded to a call concerning a subject being wheeled by several individuals into the above location via a cart. Upon investigation, it was found the subject was intoxicated. The subject was taken to a local hospital via ambulance. A report was completed.

Complaint

12/2/12 at 1:25 a.m. in the Quad

Officers responded to a call concerning a large group of loud individuals congregating at the above location. Upon arriving on scene, officers found that the group was foot traffic from a dance held earlier in the evening heading back to their residences.

Explosion

12/1/12 at 2:37 a.m. in the Visual and Performing Arts Building

Officers responded to a report of an explosion at the above location. The explosion site was located and contained.

Check on Welfare

12/1/12 at 3:43 a.m. in Larkspur Court

An officer responded to a call to check on the welfare of an individual at the above location. The residence was checked. Officers were unable to locate the individual.

Disorderly Conduct

11/30/12 at 12:41 a.m. in Lincoln Residence Hall

An officer responded to a call of disorderly conduct at the above location. A report was completed.

Theft report

11/29/12 at 8 a.m. in Trillium Court

Officers were dispatched to the above location to take a theft report. A report was completed.

Criminal Trespass to a Residence

11/29/12 at 10:57 p.m. in Trillium Court

Officers responded to a call of a subject trespassing at the above location. The subject was removed. A report was completed.

Disorderly Conduct

11/29/12 at 9:58 p.m. in the Stars Lounge

Officers responded to a call of disorderly conduct at the above location. The subjects had departed.

Patrol Investigation

11/28/12 at 10:57 p.m. on W. Lake Shore Dr.

While on patrol, an officer got out to check on a subject walking in the middle of the street. The subject was given an escort to his destination.

Patrol Investigation

11/27/12 at 9:19 p.m. in Health and Sciences Building and Visual and Performing Arts Building.

Officers responded to a call concerning an odor of hot wires or something burning. The area was checked; nothing was found.

Drug Law Violation

11/27/12 at 9:11 p.m. in Lincoln Residence Hall

Officers responded to a call concerning an odor of marijuana. A report was completed.

Harassment

11/27/12 at 12:00 p.m. in Lincoln Residence Hall

An officer took a report of harassment that occurred at the above location. A report was completed.

Suspicious Person

11/27/12 at 3:05 a.m. in Marigold Court

Officers responded to a call of a suspicious person at the above location. The subject was not located.

Drug Law Violation

11/26/12 at 3:40 p.m. in Trillium Court

Officers responded to a call concerning a small bag of cannabis found in one of the apartments at the above location. The cannabis was confiscated. A report was completed.

Theft Report

11/21/12 at 9:51 a.m. at the PAC loading dock

An officer took a call concerning the theft of a laptop computer. The subject came to the police department and filed a police report. A report was completed.

Suspicious Vehicle

11/24/12 at 8:23 p.m. at the SASA soccer fields

An officer was dispatched to the above location for a report of a suspicious vehicle. The vehicle and the occupants were checked and departed.

Open Door

11/23/12 at 4:15 a.m. in Sunflower Court

While on patrol, an officer noticed a door open at the above location. The area was checked and the door was secured.

Mental Subject

11/23/12 at 2:05 a.m. in B-Lot

Officers were dispatched to the above location for a Code Blue activation. Officers assisted a subject who was having mental health issues. A report was completed.

Police Beat