Police Beat

Andrew Craven, General Reporter

University of Illinois Springfield Police Department reported the following calls for the period of March 24, 2013 to March 31, 2013. • Traffic Stops (12) - Police issued 8 citations and 6 warnings. • Motorist Assists (16) • Burglary Alarm Responses (0) • Code Blue Responses (0) • Fire Alarm Responses (0) • Parking Tickets (43) • Employee Lockout (5) • Student Lockout (5) Check on Welfare March 25, 2013 at 3:48 p.m. at Sunflower Court An officer was dispatched to the above location to check on the welfare of a subject. Contact was made with the individual. Medical Report March 25, 2013 at 4:20 p.m. at Sunflower Court. Officers responded to a medical call at the above location. The subject was taken to the hospital via ambulance. Medical Report March 26, 2013 at 11:37 a.m. at LRH Officers responded to a medical call at the above location. The subject refused medical treatment. A report was completed. Check on Welfare March 26, 2013 at 7:11 p.m. at LRH An officer was dispatched to the above location to check on the welfare of a subject. Contact was made with the individual. Medical Report March 26, 2013 at 8:03 p.m. in C-Lot Officers responded to a medical call at the above location. The subject was transported to the hospital via ambulance and a medical report was completed. Suspicious Vehicle March 26, 2013 at 8:33 p.m. at SASA While on patrol, an officer got out with a suspicious vehicle at the above location. The vehicle belonged to employees that were securing the buildings. Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol March 27, 2013 at 6:50 p.m. at West Lake Shore Drive While on patrol, an officer conducted a traffic stop at the above location. The subject driving the vehicle was cited for: Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Improper Lane Usage, and Speeding. The subject was arrested and a report was completed. Open Door March 28, 2013 at 12:17 a.m. at Pennyroyal Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of an open door at a residence. Officers made contact with the occupants of the residence and the door was secured. Accident – Hit and Run March 28, 2013 at 2:15 p.m. at PAC An officer was dispatched to the above location for a report of a hit and run. A bystander saw a vehicle hit another vehicle before driving away. The owner of the struck vehicle declined to file a report. Check on the Welfare March 28, 2013 at 7:01 p.m. in E-Lot Officers were dispatched to the above location to check on the welfare of a dog in a vehicle. The dog was alert and did not appear to be in any danger. Patrol Investigation March 29, 2013 at 10:17 a.m. in F-Lot While on patrol, an officer got out with a verbal altercation at the above location. An individual was disputing charges with a tow-truck driver. They worked out their differences and everyone departed. Suspicious Person March 31, 2013 at 3:18 a.m. at FRH Officers responded to a call of a suspicious person at the above location. Officers were unable to locate the subject. A report was written. Patrol Investigation March 31, 2013 at 6:55 a.m. at Trillium Lot While on patrol, an officer noticed a vehicle with a door open. After inspecting the vehicle, the officer determined that nothing appeared to be missing and secured the door. Harassment March 31, 2013 at 1:57 p.m. at Police Department Officers took a report on a complaint of harassment. Subject was contacted by officers and told to stop. A report was written.