Police Beat

Ashley Henry, Editor-in-Chief

UIS Police Department reported the following calls for the period of Aug. 11, 2013 to Aug. 24, 2013. Traffic  Stops (9) – Police issued 7 citations and 12 warnings. Motorist Assists (13) Code Blue Responses (2) Fire Alarm Responses (3) Other Alarm Responses (1) Parking Tickets (5) Agency Assists (1) – Police assisted LLCC. Employee Lockout (29) Student Lockout (5)   Suspicious Vehicle Aug. 11, 2013 at 12:11 a.m. at Sunflower Court Officers checked a suspicious vehicle at the above location. The driver and vehicle were checked and cleared. Medical Report Aug. 11, 2013 at 12:29 a.m. at PAC Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of a subject having medial issues. The subject refused medical treatment. A report was written. Suspicious Vehicle Aug. 11, 2013 at 12:49 a.m. at Sunflower Court Officers were dispatched to a report of multiple individuals in a suspicious vehicle at the above location. The individuals and the vehicle were checked and clear. A report was written. Reckless Driving Aug. 12, 2013 at 9:32 p.m. at Sunflower Court Officers were dispatched to a report of Reckless Driving at the above location. Upon arrival officers found no such activity. Patrol Investigation Aug. 13, 2013 at 3:44 p.m. on University Drive While on patrol, an officer got out to remove debris from the roadway. The debris was cleared from the roadway and the officer resumed patrol. Medical Report Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:05 p.m. at Cox Daycare Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of a medical emergency. The call was handled by paramedics. Animal Problem Aug. 15, 2013 at PAC Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of a bat flying around in the building. Officers were unable to locate the bat. Emergency Call Investigation Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:01 a.m. at Brookens Library Officers were dispatched to the above location to investigate a disconnected 911 call. Upon arrival officers were unable to find anyone who needed assistance. Patrol Investigation Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:20 p.m. on Toronto Road While on patrol, an officer noticed a bucket of softballs in the middle of the road at the above location. While removing the items, the owner came back and took possession of them. Intoxicated Subject Aug. 17, 2013 at 5 p.m. at Lincoln Residence Hall Officers were dispatched to a report of an intoxicated subject at the above location. Upon arrival officers made contact with the subject who was not intoxicated. Improperly Parked Vehicle Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:01 p.m. on University Drive While on patrol, an officer got out with an improperly parked vehicle at the above location. The vehicle was moved. Improperly Parked Vehicle Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:21 p.m. on Eliza Farnham Drive While on patrol, an officer got out with an improperly parked vehicle at the above location. The vehicle was moved. Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol Aug. 18, 2013 at 1:09 a.m. on Toronto Road While on patrol, an officer conducted a traffic stop at the above location. The driver of the vehicle was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol. Suspicious Activity Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:31 p.m. at Sunflower Court Officers were dispatched to the above location on a report of suspicious activity. Upon arrival officers found no such activity. Open Door/Window Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:29 p.m. at PAC While on patrol, an officer noticed an open door at the above location. The officer closed the door and resumed patrol. Open Door/Window Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:40 p.m. at Trillium Court While on patrol, an officer noticed an open door at the above location. After checking the premises, the officer closed the door and resumed patrol. Patrol Investigation Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:40 p.m. at PAC Teardrop While on patrol, an officer got out to check on a vehicle that was parked in the handicap spot. The vehicle was check and the officer resumed patrol. Medical Report Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:51 a.m. at PAC Teardrop Officers were dispatched to the above location for a subject who was having chest pains. The call was handled by Paramedics and a report was completed. Criminal Damage Report Aug. 21, 2013 at 9 a.m. at UHB An officer was dispatched to the above location to take a report of criminal damage to a door. The agitated subject shoved an outside door when exiting and broke the opening mechanism. A report was completed. Open Door Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:48 p.m. in the D-Lot While on patrol, an officer got out with a vehicle with an open trunk. The trunk was secured and the officer resumed patrol. Aggravated Assault Aug. 22, 2013 at 8 a.m. at BSB An officer met with an individual to discuss an altercation that had taken place at the above location. A report was completed. Animal Problem Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:16 p.m. in the A-Lot Officers were dispatched to the above location to meet with an individual who had found a lost dog wandering around. The dog was returned to its owner. Open Door Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:30 a.m. at Kiwanis Stadium While on patrol, an officer got out to check on an open door at the above location. The building was being serviced by an employee. The officer resumed patrol. Check on Welfare Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:50 a.m. at Bluebell Court Officers were dispatched to the above location to check on a subject’s welfare. The subject was checked on and the officers resumed patrol. Patrol Investigation Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:01 p.m. in the D-Lot While on patrol, an officer got out to check on a couple of subjects walking around the area with flashlights. The subjects were checked and the officer resumed patrol.