Filed under Archives, News

Police beat

UIS Police Department reported the following calls for the period of Oct. 27 to Nov. 3, 2013. Improper Lane Usage/Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol/Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle/ Illegal Transportation of Alcohol/ Speeding Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:29 a.m. on Toronto Road While on patrol, an officer conducted a traffic stop at the above location. The subject driving was charged with: improper lane usage, driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal transportation of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and speeding. The subject was arrested and taken to Sangamon County Jail. A report was completed. Solicitor Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:13 p.m. at Sangamon Auditorium Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of a solicitor handing out pamphlets. Upon arrival, officers escorted the subject off campus and advised them not to solicit inside of buildings. Suspicious Activity Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:54 p.m. on University Drive Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of two individuals, in different vehicles, driving around wearing clown masks and try to get people to enter their vehicles. Officers checked the area and found no such activity. Theft Report Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:05 p.m. at Brookens Library Officers were dispatched to the above location to take a report of a stolen textbook. A report was written. Suspicious Activity  Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:09 p.m. at Brookens Library Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of four individuals driving around wearing clown masks. Officers checked the area and found no such activity. Loud Noise/Party Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:44 p.m. at LRH Officers were dispatched for a report of screaming and banging on the walls at the above location. Upon arrival, officers determined it was students killing insects. A report was written. Medical Report Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:30 p.m. at Brookens Library An officer was dispatched to the above location in reference to a subject that fell and was injured on the stairs. A report was completed. Drug Law Investigation Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:54 p.m. at Bluebell Court Officers responded to the above location in reference to a call of possible drug use in the area. A report was completed. Single Vehicle Accident Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:59 a.m. on Eliza Farnham Drive Officers responded to a single vehicle car accident. A report was completed. Recovered Property Nov. 1, 2013 at Trillium Court Officers responded to the above location in reference to several older rusty bicycles lying in the area. The bicycles were booked into evidence and a report was completed. Suspicious Person Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:20 a.m. on Toronto Road Officers were dispatched for a report of a suspicious person at the above location. Officers check and cleared the subject. Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol/Failure to Follow a Traffic Safety Device Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:51 a.m. at Pennyroyal Court While on patrol, an officer conducted a traffic stop at the above location. The subject driving was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to follow a traffic safety device. The subject was arrested and taken to Sangamon County Jail. A report was completed. Suspicious Vehicle Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:04 p.m. at the D-Lot While on patrol, an officer got out with a suspicious vehicle at the above location. The vehicle was checked and cleared.