Police Beat

University of Illinois Springfield Police Department reported responding to the following incidents for the period of April 17 to April 25.

Theft

04/18/2016 4:12 p.m. at Bluebell Court.

A subject came to the police department to file a theft report. A report was completed.

Theft

04/18/2016 10:44 p.m. at the University Hall Building.

Officers were dispatched to the above location to take a theft report. The item was located and returned to the subject.

Accident-Property Damage

04/19/2016 8:45 a.m. at Butler Commons Parking Lot

An officer was dispatched to the above location to take an accident report. A report was written.

Wanted Person

04/22/2016 6:50 p.m. at University Drive.

While on a traffic stop officers found a subject to have a valid warrant. The subject was arrested and remanded to the Sangamon County Jail.

Disturbance

04/22/2016 7:46 p.m. at Founders Residence Hall.

Officers were dispatched to a disturbance at the above location. A report was written.

Check on Welfare

04/23/2016 1:40 p.m. at the Human Resources Building Greenhouse.

Officers were dispatched to the above location to check on the welfare of a juvenile who was wandering around unattended. The subject was located and checked on. She was reunited with her parents and the officer departed the scene.

Medical Report

04/23/2016 2:13 p.m. at The Recreation and Athletic Center.

While on patrol, an officer got out with a subject who was injured at the above location. The staff completed a medical form.

Domestic Issue

04/23/2016 4:15 p.m. at Pennyroyal Court.

Officers were dispatched to a domestic issue at the above location. Upon arrival officers determined the issue to be verbal in nature. A report was written.

Traffic Stops: 22

-Citations: 10

-Warnings: 12

Parking Tickets:  84

Employee Lockouts: 10

Student Lockouts: 0

Police Beat