Police Beat

University of Illinois Springfield Police Department reported responding to the following incidents for the period of April 25 to May 2.

Mental Subject

04/26/2016 2:48 p.m. at the Public Affairs Center.

Officers were dispatched to the above location in regards to a subject acting suspiciously. Officers spoke with the subject and determined they had some mental health issues. The subject departed the area.

Criminal Damage

04/26/2016 4:26 p.m. at SASA.

Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of criminal damage to a building. The case is pending investigation.

Theft

04/26/2016 4:34 p.m. at Brookens.

Officers were dispatched to the above location in regards to a report of a theft. The case is pending investigation.

Solicitor

04/27/2016 3:43 p.m. at Lincoln Residence Hall.

Officers were dispatched to a report of solicitors at the above location. Upon arrival officers located and spoke with the subjects.

Disturbance

04/29/2016 11:22 p.m. at Larkspur Court.

Officers were dispatched to a disturbance at the above location. Upon arrival officers found the disturbance to be a verbal disagreement only.

Criminal Damage

04/29/2016 4:40 p.m. at Marigold Court.

A subject came to the police department to make a report of criminal damage to their vehicle. A report was completed.

Elevator Emergency

04/30/2016 11:37 a.m. at Brookens.

Officers were dispatched to an elevator emergency call coming from the above location. Upon arrival officers checked the area but couldn’t find anyone in need of assistance.

Elevator Emergency

04/30/2016 7:10 p.m. at the Public Affairs Center

Air Rifle Incident

05/01/2016 6:48 p.m. at Larkspur Court.

Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of two subjects in the area with guns. Officers arrived on scene and confiscated the weapons that were determined to be air rifles.

Public Intoxication

05/01/2016 6:10 a.m. at Trillium.

Officers were dispatched to the above location for a report of a subject who was possibly battered. It was found that the subject had consumed large quantities of alcohol and had possibly fallen down. The subject was taken to the hospital and a report was completed.

Traffic Stops: 21

-Citations: 2

-Warnings: 19

Parking Tickets:  17

Employee Lockouts: 8

Student Lockouts: 2

Police Beat